Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bye bye Tree.

I'm re-learning something God taught me a while back. You don't need friends, and you don't need sentiments. You don't need comforts, you don't need fairy-tale memories. They make life nicer and sometimes easier, but you don't need them. Life's easy when it's nice and sweet but you can live life without it being so.

Not sure how, but watching a crew cut down a tree that I grew up around made me think of this stuff. The space where luscious leaves and branches once proudly spread is now bright and bare. Never again will I be able to walk around under its shade and look up to see a green canopy above me, shielding me (and my house--and the tree-cutting neighbor's house) from the sun. I cannot comprehend why my neighbor wants to remove this tree.

Now I'm not even sure how the latter is related to what I first said. Maybe because I found the tree comforting, in an odd way. I can live without the tree, but it was nice when it was around. Seriously, it's just a tree. But it meant something, and now I'm kicking myself for being so sentimental over a tree. I'll get over it.

No comments: