Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Gracie Child

In my alternate reality, I would have realized the full extent of my love for ju-jitsu. I would have completely devoted myself to training under my teacher, supporting myself by working for some burger joint, slapping patties on a grill. After a few years of training and stuffing away cash, I would have moved to sunny, salty Torrance, California to train under the infamous Rorion Gracie in ju-jitsu heaven, more formally known as the Gracie Academy. Then, throughout my rigorous, devoted years of training, I would travel around the coasts, competing  against the finest female ju-jitsu players America has to offer, enjoying every passing second of community and glory. All the while supporting myself by slapping more patties, of course.

Yes, what a life. But alas, instead I am sitting here, desperately trudging through this blasted Spanish book, trying to not only understand the text, but understand what the homework assignment questions are actually asking.

Well. Eventually I’ll finish this assignment. I have to. Ju-Jitsu heaven awaits.

No comments: