Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mini battle

Just a quick blurb. Sometimes I wonder why Christians place such a huge emphasis on not saying bad words. I realize the implications and commands behind how we are to speak to one another and of the power of words. And I believe that there are many occasions in which foul language is inappropriate. But it seems possible and quite probable that there are truly times and places for such language. 

I will admit that my language has drifted farther away from PG than I would have ever anticipated. Oops. It happens sometimes when you go to a military school. Interestingly enough, I find that since becoming more comfortable being around words I used to shy away from, I'm more tolerant to many other stigmas. Take that as you wish, whether it be that I'm now insensitive to "worldly things" or more capable of relating to the world outside the comfortable Christian culture bubble I grew up in. Maybe it's both.

No comments: