Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Funny #3

So I just. Had. To. Share.

I've been trying a new thing, getting up at 0530 to hit the gym, ensuring that I actually squeeze gym time for the day. It's been going great so far.

I've been working out (albeit inconsistently/consistently, if you will) for a year and some change now, and have come across quite the range of gym goer personalities. I've seen the bodybuilder with arms as big as my thighs, the guy(s) I know I could never have but still dream about anyway, the chick who works her mouth more than her body, the bro who's just all that, the military buffs (and buffette), the flaming homosexual, the girl that's prettier, faster, AND stronger than I am, the old motivated geezers (way to go granny!), the weight trying-to-losers, and the average joes. But never before have I seen what I saw this morning.

A personal trainer on the bench, with 70lbs in each hand. As he proceeded to bench, the most dramatic, odd, toe-curling grunts I have ever heard spluttered from within and out his mouth. I wish I could have recorded a video. "OOooohh....AHhhhhh....yea-uuuhhh baybeeehhh...." For a moment, I didn't know if I was in a gym or if I had walked in on lovers. It messed up my own routine.

You really had to be there, but I'm glad you weren't. I suppose stranger things have happened. In other news, the Commanding Officer of Marine recruiting here in Jacksonville can shrug, in each hand, as much as I weigh. That's Semper Fit for ya!

No comments: